Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's Your Number?

In Sunday school today we started a study on the book of Acts. We focused on chapter 1 verses 1-8. Jesus had come back to life after being crucified and he was speaking to his apostles and giving them instructions from the Holy Spirit. Jesus told them "But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere - in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth". Of course, they did that and told many people about Jesus....but once we accept Him as our Lord and Savior...we are given the power to do the same. That is the way our Pastor is leading our church as we reach out to each other, to people in our own community, to neighboring towns as we start new churches, and to a place in the world as we look to find somewhere to invest in over a 5 year period.

God forgive me when I get in the way and I think I can't talk to someone because I don't know what to say or I don't know what to do. You have given me the "power of the Holy Spirit"....and I think I won't have the right words. WOW!! If we truly care about people and we understand what is at stake, then we don't have any time to waste. And when I think that just means my friends and family...well...Jesus said to tell people "everywhere". This is one of my favorite videos our church has ever made, it really makes you think......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Todd. I hadn't seen it before. Paul Bruggink

    ReplyDelete