Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"First Things First"

Everybody knows I am a huge Steeler fan and I am looking forward to the Superbowl. I like when the Steelers play a team that I don't like; it is so easy to cheer against the Ravens or Cowboys. I have tried, but I just can't dislike the Cardinals. In fact, I have alot of respect for what they have been able to accomplish and for many players on their team. I also like coach Whisenhunt and I think he has done a tremendous job. But I have a ton of respect for their QB....Kurt Warner. Here is a guy that was out of football, stocking shelves at a grocery store and ended up playing arena football for three years before he finally got his chance in the NFL with the St. Louis Rams. When their starting QB got hurt, he got his chance and led them to a Superbowl victory and was the League MVP two times. After a couple of stops in other cities, he signed with the Cardinals and has his team in the Superbowl again. He will probably end up in the Hall of Fame. He is the real deal off the field as well...he might be the boldest Christian to ever play in the NFL, where he has professed his faith on the biggest stages possible...and then backed it up by helping less fortunate people through organizations he has personally founded. He has set a great example for all of us and has accomplished alot....I just hope he doesn't have any of that success on Sunday, lol !!!!! This video tells a little about what he is doing through his organization, First Things First.

No comments:

Post a Comment