Monday, February 23, 2009

A long day....But well worth it!!!

This past weekend I took an elementary basketball team to a tournament at Shannock Valley. I coached Taylor's 5th and 6th grade YMCA team this winter and we just kept the team together (and my son Christian who is in 3rd grade) to practice more and play a few extra games. It has been fun and the kids have really benefited from our time together. As you can tell from the picture, we won the tournament....but it was a long day of basketball....12 hours to be exact!!! I love coaching my kids and being involved in the things that they do...and trying to have an impact on their friends lives as well. The kids are growing up so fast and I know this time will not last forever....so I am trying my best to take advantage of each moment....I don't want to miss anything. One more week of basketball....then it is time to get ready for baseball season :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment