Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just a Thought.......


College football teams usually have great traditions. One of the greatest is that of the University of Notre Dame. My son Christian is a Notre Dame fan (don't ask me why) and I was telling him about the sign that hangs in their locker room that reads "Play Like a Champion Today". On game day when each of the players go on the field, they touch the sign. It reminds them of the great teams of the past and the tradition they are responsible for upholding. They think of the the hard work that it has taken to get to where they are and all of the people in their life that have helped them to get there. I know Notre Dame has struggled lately, but the players that have played there always talk about the significance of that sign, "Play Like a Champion Today".

It got me thinking about my daily life and what I want to accomplish. How I want to act, how I want to treat people, the difference that I want to make, and what I want people to see when they look at me. What does it mean in my life to be a champion today?

I thought of Philipians 2: 3-5

“Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”

So I thought....what if we had a sign hanging in our house and the first thing we did before we played the game of life each day....would be to touch the sign that reads "Live Like Jesus Today".
Just as a reminder of everything he has done for us and for the attitude he wants us to take with us into the world each day...no matter where it is that God has placed us to make a difference for Him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment