Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pens Lose....Dad Wins :-)


Yesterday I took Taylor and Christian to the Pens game. I chose this game because they were playing the Ottawa Senators...which is Christian's favorite team. We had a great time but the pens lost 4-3 in a sudden death shootout. We got our moneys worth and Christian got to see his favorite player Dany Heatley and he got to see his team win. I couldn't believe how some fans treated him and the comments that were made because he had an Ottawa jersey on...even though he is only 9 years old.( I almost got into it with one guy, but we just walked away) It led the boys to ask me questions about why some people are so mean, and why they talk the way they do (we heard some nasty language), and why are they at the game drunk. I answered their questions and I told them that Miss and I keep them away from that as much as we can....But we can't in those situations. They are old enough to see and understand alot of things now. They ask me all kinds of questions now about why people smoke and why they do drugs. I am glad they ask Miss and I....and not other people. Kids see so much...more than we know...and they take it all in. I have learned how important it is to set a good example and to be ready to answer the tough questions...because they are coming.

We had a great time together...I am so blessed to have two outstanding young men as sons. They smiled alot during the day and we laughed together and on our way to our car after the game....they thanked me for taking them and told me how much fun it was. It didn't matter to me who won the game....I invested in their life yesterday and I won....I was the hero....that makes it all worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment